Someone gave me a tub of ice-cream that I didn’t quite like. As I was taught as a kid not to waste food, I ran through my cookbooks and googled for recipes trying to find some use for the ice-cream. My eye caught on some key words and the idea of baking flashed through my mind.
I began to piece together a recipe which I thought doable; and so, here is an idiot-proof recipe to bake ice-cream into a lighter version of a pound cake. I loved the result, especially the fragrance that came from the red-bean ice-cream. If you have a sweet tooth, add another 20 g of sugar to the recipe below.
Baked Red Bean “Ice-Cream”
Ice-cream 230 g, any flavours and liquefied
Self-raising flour 190 g
1. Set oven to 180 degree C
2. Sift flour.
3. Stir ice-cream until completely melted.
4. Add self-raising flour and mix well.
5. Pour mixture into a cake mould and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
6. Test cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean from the batter, remove the cake from the oven.
7. Let the cake rest on a rack.
8. Serve cake plain, or with a dollop of ice-cream.